People have mixed feelings when it comes to selling real estate during the holidays. Sellers weigh the impact the holidays may have on their chances of getting their home sold. They imagine juggling showings with family activities, holiday shopping, and seasonal events they must attend. But selling a home during the holidays can be as easy as at any other time of the year when you have Re/Max at the Beach in your corner.
The question returns every year about this time: Is it worth it to put your home on the market now, rather than wait until after the holiday season? The answer is yes! Listing now may actually help your home sell easier and faster than in the months to come. Following are some good reasons why.
• The market is going strong. You’ll want to catch the wave by not only selling your house in a reasonable amount of time, with solid offers from the more-serious holiday homebuyer, but also finding your next home at a good price. Your competition when bidding on homes will be considerably less at this time of the year.
• Many employers will relocate employees in time for the New Year so there are relocation buyers are out there shopping for a home. Many of these employees are not focused on holiday fun. These must-move buyers, particularly if they have children, want them to get settled during the holiday season so the kids are ready to enter their new school in January.
• Remember that you can limit the showings on your home to the timeframe when you want it shown. Talk to your Realtor about any special events or parties you have planned and work around them. Sometimes the holidays take you and your family away from the house, and that means easier showings for your Realtor.
• Your home will show better when tastefully decorated for the holidays. Keep it simple and classic, and don’t over-decorate or fill up the rooms with large decorations, making them feel smaller. This is a good time to remember that less is more. It will help you to capture the sentimental buyer who catches the holiday spirit when they see your home decorated.
• There will be substantially more homes for sale coming onto the market after the holidays so it’s critical to get your home listed now. New construction is making a huge comeback. There will be even more competition as buyers will have the option of purchasing new construction in the New Year.
Only you can decide if this is the time to list your home, but the holiday season is actually a very good reason to list your home now. We encourage you to call us at Re/Max at the Beach at 910-842-8686 and let us help you sell your home this holiday season.