If you are looking to buy a new home in Brunswick County, one of the first things you will need to do before looking at properties is to determine the type of home and community you want to live in.
When you know the environment you want to surround yourself with it will make it easier to find the best fitting homes for you and your family. Just like with each home, each community has its own features, too.
The key factors you'll use to identify the community right for you are amenities, price and location. There are other factors to consider as well and we mention them below. To expedite the process of buying your next home, start by making a list of features that are most important to you and your lifestyle.
• Do you see yourself in a house or a condominium?
• Do you have the time available or the desire to take care of the landscape around a home?
• Do you dream of a newly built home or would an existing home work for you?
• How far are you willing to commute to work?
• Would you pay more to have better amenities like swimming pools, tennis courts, or golf privileges?
• Do you want to live in a community where you’ll know your neighbors and make joint decisions with them or would you prefer to be on your own and live without any HOA?
• School systems: Whether you have children or not, buying a home in a community with good schools makes good sense. It adds value to your property and is a great selling point if you decide to sell.
• Distance to area services: How far you are to medical services, recreational activities, shopping, and restaurants are important to consider. Would you be willing to travel further for these services or do you want them close by?
• Age-restricted or active communities: Age-restricted communities for people over 55 and active senior communities are the latest trend. The benefit to these communities is there are no children running around and so it’s much quieter. Active senior communities surround you with people your own age who tend to have similar interests.
• Golf communities: Avid golfers may prefer to live as close to a course as they can. Many golf communities offer reduced membership rates for property owners along with guest privileges.
Once you have a clear vision of the type of community you want to live in, give us a call at Remax at the Beach and we’ll show you around the area, focusing specifically on the communities that best meet your needs.